Friday, October 1, 2010

Logo design - steve Teller

this pic shows 5 early versions of my logo they are described below


this was the first i wanted something that showed parts of the whole

this pic shows another version of parts of the whole including a bubble for each letter in my name STEVE T

This one is similar to the above but iwanted to literaly show a connection between the letters

This shape just popped into my head as i was connecting the dots

this was a blend of the lightning bolt and the segregated letters, it made me think of an EKG blip at a hospital

The final  logo. I used the lightning bolt idea, the segregation of the letters in my name, shading and balance in my final EKG lighning bolt logo. It symbolizes me as life and energy. 


another pic pf the final

yet another pic of the final


I thought creating the logo was  "OK" at best, it was a lot of brainstorming and im still not entirly sure that I like the finished product. I can still see "me" in the logo though.


I tried to think of things that people associated with me, things that I like etc. When it came down to it, I ended up just doodling and drawing shapes, then it started to take shape i went from circles to an EKG  THAT is transition. :-)

The most important dicovery that I made, was respect for designers. It was difficult in such a short time to brainstorm a lot, so I think that the people that can do it easily and well for a living are very talented.

The most important thing i learned in the videos and PPT were that in order to do a logo well, there is an immense amount of preperation and stages of creation involved. Everything must be fine tuned, in order to creat the finsihed product.

No comments:

Post a Comment