Sunday, October 10, 2010

Installation - Steve Teller

3A)   Installation art is simply when space is presented as a work of art that can be entered, explored, experienced and reflected upon.
3B)  there are many materials that can be used in Installation art. These include Clay, sculpture, colors assembling shapes or furniture etc…
3C)  Installation art is created because people want the audience to feel and experience the art to feel as though they are a part of the piece.
3D) the artist I found most interesting was the woman that was self committed to a mental institution. I liked her Polka-dot room of yellow and black.


4A) I liked the piece that showed the urinal in the middle of the floor. This gave me ideas.
4B) I wanted to explore the Daily Life theme in my installation
4C) the materials I used were not colors or chalk or strings, but pieces of furniture and dishes and silverware etc.
4D) The installation is located in my bathroom. I chose this location because the image I wanted to show was something out of the ordinary daily life.


Description:
                My installation shows a meal being served in a bathroom. This is normally the last room in a house that people would eat in. I thought it pulled in the viewer because it’s a meal; people need to eat, playing on the hunger.

Analysis:
                I put the installation in the bathroom, because this shows a massive contrast to what most people would think is normal. It makes you think because the two items are not related. It makes you want to sit down until you figure out where you are. You become part of the meal. Then, you wonder why it is in the bathroom. It uses all the free space the room has to offer, but there still seems like room for a person. I loved doing this.




No comments:

Post a Comment