Sunday, December 5, 2010

Reflection Journal -Teller

     This was an interesting assignment. For my exhibit, I wanted to do something that was very meaningful to me.  Since I am an avid outdoorsman, I decided to do my exhibit around a Naturalistic and Representational theme.
     My project was off to a slow start although I knew what the end result was that I wanted to unfold, I wasn't quite sure how to achieve it. I started digging for things that were impolrtant for me to show my audience.  I wanted to show how I feel, rather than tell someone.  I worked my title of Life and Death, into something important to me. Hunting and the great outdoors.  It was magical, I could show Life and Death as time, a day or an event. As I started to dig the project quickly began to unfold onto itself. I was able to find so many pictures that I wasnt sure where to place them all, in order to convery my thoughts and show movemnt through the exhibit. This is what I came up with.
     I decide to use Sunrise and Sunset imagery as the life and death of a day on earth.  I also was able to use children, and natuer scenes filled with deer as symbols of life.  I then tuned the project to show the death of a day, by using moon paintings and nightfall etc.  I was able through this, to sho the death of nature in my final few slides by capturig deer skulls and photo taken of myself.  Although the final slide is not of a painting, it was in fact a photo, which we learned about in a previous section so it does count.
     I was able to show my points rather wellI think.  For my exhibit, I would show the slides in the exact order in which they appear. For the entire hallway, which is where I picture this exhibit, I would have a soft light from above, and eggshell color painted walls, unless otherwise noted in the individual slides, to show a certain effect that I was trying to achieve. I hope you enjoyed it. I know that I did creating it.

-Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment