Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week 13 & 14 Video Review - Teller

1.    For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Lowbrow is a style of art. The name was fabricated by the artist Robert Williams. It relates to the group of artists that allegedly “does their own thing”, that lack culture and have no taste. It seems to me that it is more free expression. It is focused around cartoons it seems, and abstract art. Anthony Ausgang has an awesome blazer jacket.

I learned that Art Galleries actually have a direction in which exhibits art displayed. I figured they were all just placed where they fit. That is not the case. Things are arranged in chronological order as an example. Inside that idea related works are placed near each other even though different media may be used.


I didn’t know that Native American bones were collected and all kept together in some sort of warehouse to be studied. That there was such a large discrimination issue. The Smithsonian had over 18,000 bodies worth of Native American bones. There were laws passed that the bones must be remained to their Native Tribes. Unfortunately the bones were not. Eventually because of these laws, bones did in fact start to be returned, so that the Indians could perform their own analysis.

He invented the personal cameras. He also formed Eastman Kodak. There is no Mr. Kodak. It is an acronym of his mother’s maiden name “Kilborn ODA Kilborn “The first commercialized camera The Brownie, sold for $1. His 50 bedroom estate is magnificent. I didn’t even know he was from Rochester or that the house was there. This was an awesome video. Im going to go see that house.

2. Do the videos relate to the creation of your Art Exhibition project? If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not. I think the videos relate to the creation of our projects in that I will use pictures of animals (Kodak video). I will use thoughts and theories of life (Bones video) The construction of my project will follow a chronological aspect (Tate Video) and the fact that I have no idea what I am doing, but will love what I am doing relates to the Lowbrow video.
3. What is your opinion of the films? Do they add depth to understanding of the art concepts you practiced while creating your curation project? I loved the films for this section. They added much depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment