Friday, December 10, 2010

Art Critique Reflection Journal -Teller

   I reviewed 3 projects for this assignment. "Art in the Life of Trees" - Gruppo, "Youthful innocence Caught in the Moment" - Abate and finally "Wild Life Encounters" by Willie Wimes.

   I selected to critique Willie Wimes "Wild Life Encounters". I chose this exhibit because it seemed to be very similar to the project that I created. I did mine on wildlife as did Wille.

   Some of the challenges that I encountered while doing the critique were that I was afraid to be highly critical and that it was difficult for me to step back and really interpret the works that someone else selected. Trying to analyze why someone else likes a particular work of art is a tough task. I was able to overcome these things because I knew that critiquing hard was the only way to accurately convey my point. Once I was able to step back and view works of art for what they were, I found it easier to see what others saw, the raw piece.

  I enjoyed critiquing someone's work. I was interesting to learn what I really saw as well.

  I would most definitely like to read by peers review.

  On a scale of 1-10, I would give my finished article a 10. I nailed that thing!

  I loved working on this project. :-) Good stuff !!!!


  -Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment